Saturday 19 July 2014

Mario Block and Good News!

Hey, all. Just a quick post on what I've been up to today. It may not seem like much, but I've spent a large portion of the day working on these things.

First is this:




I decided to make this piece into a regular old coaster, so nothing special there. It was a quick job.

However, I have finished all six panels of the piggy bank. Trying to figure out the top piece was tricky. But, I managed it smoothly and quickly.
 


Not bad, eh?

Anyway, after I finished making all the panel pieces, I realized that I should probably line the inside of the box so that none of those awkward stitches on the back show. Luckily, I had some fabric kicking around - a bunch of friends keep trying to convince me to learn sewing, but it's just not my thing - and so I started to use that. This is how far I've gotten - not very!



As you can see, my sewing skills are quite below par. But, oh well, I get by doing what I can, I'll learn to see properly when I absolutely need to.

This is probably as far as I'm going to get tonight - as much as I wanted to try and finish it, I was dragged away from it by my boyfriend.

Tonight is the first draft of the new set of Magic: the Gathering - even if it is just a core set. We haven't been to draft in almost two and a half months, with good reason.

And now for the big reveal. About two and a half months ago, my lovely boyfriend and I found out the most exciting news ever - I am with child. :) We're not sure if it's a boy or girl yet - I'm only 14 and a half weeks along, they don't check for gender until about twenty weeks.

But, anyway, this is why we haven't been to draft in a while and - if you've been following me on DeviantArt before this blog - why I become inactive for a while.

So, I shall leave off on this happy note and hopefully I will be done the piggy bank for tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment