Saturday 12 July 2014

Angel Dishcloth!

Today has been a bit of a slow day for me, nothing to fancy going on here. I've been browsing patterns on the internet and stumbled across an adorable angel dishcloth crochet pattern, which you can find here: http://crochetjewel.com/?p=4011

I decided to attempt it. Here is the end result:

It's not too shabby for a first attempt, I think. Could be better, but that will come with practice. Also, I've never really worked solely in double crochets before, so that was pretty fun, and a break from the monotony!

I think this off white angel will become a Christmas gift for my mother-in-law, she loves things like that! That, and funds are going to be a little tight for a bit. I've got a move coming up, long with a couple other surprises that I will reveal with time. :) All good things, all good things.

Anyway, after making this first angel, I decided to make another one for my grandmother. She is a devout woman, who feels that she has lost her guardian angel with age, so I decided to bless her with one. <3 It may not be a real angel, but I think it will let her know I'm always going to be there and watch out for her - even though we live so far away from each other.

Here is what I've done so far for the second angel:

Making this one seems to be going a lot faster than the first, I reckon that's because I've already done the pattern once and I don't feel so awkward doing double crochets anymore. 

I picked out this colour because I know blue is her favourite. However, when I read the actual shade of the colour, I couldn't help but chuckle, French Blue. She's a french woman, so it was sort of funny to me! :)

Anyway, both dishcloths are made from Bernat Handicraft cotton. So, even though I keep saying dishcloths, they can be used as pot holders, too, because the cotton is good for heat resistance.

I think that is all I have to post for today, just wanted to upload my progress before I forgot - or got too lazy to. 

Hopefully I'll be finished the angel by tomorrow - it seems very likely - and maybe I'll have started on something new to share with you all! Until then, have a great day! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment