Thursday 18 September 2014

Complications and Completions.

I shall start off with saying it hasn't been too good of a week for crafting. Mostly with crocheting. I became very discouraged and haven't picked up my crocheting in a few days - almost my hand has been swollen a bit for some reason.

So, remember that overzealous attempt? Well, I tried stuffing it. And that didn't work out. Eventually I just gave up, cut my losses and started over. On a much smaller scale. I still have the piece I worked so hard on, but nothing to do with it. Oh well. I suppose that's my own fault.

In between letting my - swollen - hand rest from the abuse of crochet and the daily activities of life, I have been working on some plastic canvas. :)

Remember those ! block panels? Well, now one is a block! And I even took a couple pictures of the progress.






I decided it would be easier on my sanity if I did all the boarders first - trust me, after a total of nine, it's maddening. Those five boarders took me about two days to really do - mostly because I was having difficulties focusing for long periods of time.





Here is a picture of all the panels complete, and Buddy decided to come model for us. Isn't he cute? So, in retrospect, I probably should have taken pictures of the exclamation marks before I filled in the background. Oh well. Maybe next time.





It's really starting to come together! I even managed to alternate colours while sewing the panels together, it wasn't nearly as tricky as I thought it would be, even when I was sealing off the top.





And there you have it. A completed ! block, of the Vanish Cap variety.

I think the next one I'm going to work on will be the Metal Cap - green. But, I mustn't be too distracted by making these, as I now only have 12 days left to finish my amigurumi. I really don't think it'll take too much longer; I just need to sit down and work on it. My hand is feeling better now. It's odd, though, that only my own hand is swollen and stiff. I think I just overworked it when I was trying to stuff the big failure. Pregnancy probably doesn't help.

That's all I really have to post about for now. So, I shall leave you with these adorable pictures of Dinah and Buddy. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment